Sunday, August 31, 2008

camera move

Hi Everyone!

My camera move continues into the apartment. The clip turned out to be a bit pale for some reason (sorry), but I hope that you can see what I meant to do.

I think that this man should definitely put down his arms before the camera moves (right now he's just frozen - which is a bit unnatural...). I'll try to fix this soon.

I'm pretty happy with how this is going, but I need a little help with the next few lines. Since I've decided not to go with the animatic on this part (in the animatic you saw them going into the apartment, now you are moving in the apartment), one transition needs to be redone, so hopefully we can figure out a way to solve it.

The next line is: "Sometimes you had to be very quiet there, when a stranger came to the apartment..."

I'm thinking of showing them standing in the room. Instead of showing the stranger, I'd rather show them thinking about that danger (maybe with a few cuts - to show a sort of panic). Now there is the missing link, because the line after this is about her father. In the animatic the stranger became a suit that became the father. Now when there is no stranger, I need to think of a creative way to get to him.

Sorry if this is kind of hard to follow... especially without the animatic.

Ideas would be great!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Daniella- this is absolutely beautiful! I like the idea of them standing there during the line stating that they "must be quiet". Perhaps they could be holding on to something and their eyes could move from left to right?

Regarding the next scene, a straight cut might be more appropriate than a transition since there is a shift in subject matter?

Jake said...

Here is the blog detailing the color in 101 dalmatians. It might be really useful in when you transition between the outside and the rooms you have (like a warmer tone room). 101 dalmatians dealt with this issue repeatedly according to this blog.

http://colorfulanimationexpressions.blogspot.com/

Daniela said...

Thank you for these ideas and the link!
I think I have an idea on how to continue.