Monday, June 9, 2008

Animation test #1

So I've started out with a little pencil test (the tracing will be nicer on the final pass!). It is deliberately slow. I'm just trying to be careful; there is also the subtitle text to read and I don't want it to become too much.

This could either be the beginning or a middle section of the first part of my project (before the memory part begins). Where this ends I can make a small transition where you see just the cloth (it will be in color so it will be clearer) and then the hands could reappear from a different perspective.


I think maybe I should start with the hands putting down the pile (it's cloth). That way the animation wont start out with a action that is too elaborate. Plus it would gradually reveal the what this person is doing (does that make sense?).

I've also gathered some research images - I'll post those very soon.

4 comments:

Carder said...

I think it looks great! Something about the billowing of the cloth in the end kind of looks odd to me, but maybe the final pass will clear things up.

Now if only I could start working, we'd all be in business.

Sheila said...

This looks beautiful Daniela! The idea of putting the cloth down is a good one.

The only comment I would make on the animation is that it is a little odd that the hand comes down in one direction (fingers facing the camera) and at the last minute the hand turns to the side. I would have the hand come all the way down with the fingers facing forward, and then slide the hand across the towel to the side. Does that make sense?

I love the timing.

Sheila said...

OR not have the hand turn to the side at all- I just realized you don't need to.

Daniela said...

Oh! - yes, you're right.

I'll fix the turning fingers somehow. they're kind of a leftover from a different action idea...

Carder is also right about the billowing - I thought I could get away with this...but no.

Thanks!!! this helps!