Thursday, April 30, 2009

Final post

Hi,

One last post so the blog can have some closure.
It will be so cool to see everyone's finished creations next week. It was great to watch everyone's films develop.

For me this process was so interesting - and I've learned a lot. I did have a really tough time at the very end with my project. There were unexpected difficult situations, and since I'm so invested in this, I was sometimes hurt by what was going on.

Still - from the beginning I felt really brave for approaching this kind of material.
Whatever the result - I know that I made this with the absolute best intentions in mind.

As a final note, it just so happens that last week I watched an interview with a great film director who expressed her opinion about the problematic"melodrama" in films.

Contrasting sentimental melodrama, which she described as "dishonestly manipulative", she said: "There is room for emotions (in a film), they just have to be based on truth".
I think that is a really wise observation. That's what I wanted to do with this doc.

So, thanks SO much for all the help and critiques!

See you all at the screening!

1 comment:

:Debbie said...

Congrats, Daniela.

I can't wait to see this. You were very brave and honest, which I admire.


Let's keep in touch!